American Cancer Society
We’ve joined forces with the American Cancer Society (ACS) to provide our patients and their families with powerful resources and support that help you navigate your journey through treatment and beyond — so you never have to go it alone.
Together, the people and programs that make this partnership possible make an incredible impact on the lives of those they touch.
Our FREE American Cancer Society-sponsored services include:
- Sunrise Life Center — In partnership with the Sherman Hospital Auxiliary, the ACS provides free wigs, hats, turbans and scarves to patients, along with complementary fitting and styling by trained ACS beauty volunteers in the ACS Wig Boutique located in the Sunrise Life Center at The Center for Cancer Care at Sherman Health.
- Volunteer Navigators — In partnership with the Volunteer Department at Sherman Hospital, volunteer navigators connect patients and families with important cancer education and resources.
- Patient Resource Center — A room designed for patients, caregivers and their families that’s equipped with a lending library stocked with information on all types of cancer and local support services, along with computers for members of the community to use in their research.
- Road to Recovery — Trained ACS volunteers donate the use of their own vehicles to drive patients (and their family members) to and from treatment and medical appointments.
- Look Good.. Feel Better Program — ACS-trained cosmetologists teach beauty techniques to female patients. Each patient is provided with a complimentary makeup kit valued at over $200.
- Support for Recovery & Reach to Recovery — These “peer-to-peer” support programs match newly diagnosed patients with trained volunteer survivors of the same cancer type.
- Personal Health Manager — The ACS provides folders/organizers to every patient free of charge, to help them keep track of medical information, support services, appointments and everything in-between.
For more information about the American Cancer Society and its programs, click here.